The client is a stockist and distributor for laboratory consumables, apparatus and chemical reagents. They provide a complete range of lab apparatus to customers from the institutions, petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and food industries.
The business challenge
- The client is unable to gain deep visibility into their organization with regards to financial issues and management accounting functionality combined with business analytics.
- There is no increase in profitability, no improvement in financial control, and the management of risk.
- The client is unable to integrate and optimize the business processes.
- There is no proper management tool, thus heightening integration costs and necessitating the purchase of third-party software.
- There are no applications to incrementally improve cash flow and reduce costly borrowing.
- There is no categorisation to improve content searches and intelligent usage of content such as targeted content for users based on their interests.
- The client is unable to personalise the user experience.
- There is a lack of internationalisation to ensure the appropriate presentation of information on sites spanning economical, political and cultural borders.
- There is no integration with other enterprise systems.
- Syndication of content to sites with similar market interests is currently not possible.
- There is no simplified application integration.
Considering the challenges faced by the client, Tigernix implemented a customized ERP and CMS solutions. In addition to these, Tigernix felt the need to incorporate an eCommerce solution as well as a Business Intelligence system (BI) to directly address the client’s problems.
- Ecommerce is the cheapest means of doing business.
- Reduction in buyer's sorting out time.
- Ability to make better buying decisions.
- Less time spent in resolving invoice and order discrepancies.
- Increased opportunities for buying alternative products.
- The strategic benefit of making a business ‘ecommerce enabled', is that it helps reduce the delivery time, labour cost and the cost incurred in the following areas:
- Document preparation
- Error detection and correction
- Mail preparation
- Telephone calling
- Data entry
- Supervision expenses
- Operational benefits of e commerce include reducing both the time and personnel required to complete business processes, and reducing strain on other resources. BI - Empower decision makers with a single version of the truth
- Ability to make dynamic business decisions by having accurate, current and relevant information available when you most need it.
- Harness business power with near instant response time on massive data volumes.
- Get instantaneous answers to "what if" questions.
- Meet or exceed your customer expectations - based on factual information.
- Minimise training requirements by using a familiar working environment.
- Find latent problems by building a picture of the information you can't see.
- Drill down into reports and pull together information that can make the difference between a great business decision and a poor one.
- Quickly recognise what your competitive advantages are.