The client is the apex business chamber that champions the interests of the Singapore business community in trade, investment and industrial relations. It represents more than 15,000 companies as well as the local and foreign business chambers and key national and industry associations from business sectors that contribute significantly to the Singapore economy.
The business challenge
- No configurable access restrictions.
- Not able to edit content easily.
- No consistency of design is preserved.
- Existence of multiple databases and data handling by multiple people, leading to inconsistencies.
- No adequate data mining, data retrieval and data analysis tools and processes.
- Inefficient reporting and unnecessary expenditure on report printing and distribution.
- Inability to meet financial reporting and regulatory compliance due to inconsistency of information.
To address these business challenges, Tigernix implemented a Charity Management Software, Content Management System (CMS) and Business Intelligence (BI) solution.
- Configurable access restrictions to handle content and information. Users are assigned roles and permissions that prevent them from editing content, which they are not authorized to change.
- Consistency of design is preserved. Because content is not stored separate from design, the content from all authors is presented with the same, consistent design.
- Maximisation of existent revenue streams.
- Helps unlock potential revenue opportunities.
- Eliminates multiple databases and data handling.
- Provides unprecedented levels of data gathering, data usage and information availability.
- The BI solution consolidates query, reporting, analysis and analytic applications, such as eliminating custom development and manual maintenance of Excel spreadsheets and reducing data consolidation efforts.
- Leverages important and valuable data currently being captured by ERP, CRM, SCM and other systems. Previously the data would be locked in these systems due to inadequate and difficult mining and reporting tools.
- Improves the integrity of analytics by assuring source data validity and calculation integrity, reducing or eliminating the cost of business decisions based on incorrect data.
- Eliminates stove-piped analysis across departments and divisions, reducing the time people have to argue about numbers or make conflicting decisions.
- Creates powerful dashboard applications for various user groups to help gain visibility into performance and key performance indicators. These tools help correlate the cause and effect relationship between metrics so you can take action to quickly resolve a business process issue, reduce costs or increase revenue. Dashboards can help the business act quicker on important information such as better recognizing a hot product in order to meet growing demand and eliminating "out of stock" conditions or better recognizing competitive pricing issues in order to reset prices.
- Empowers users to create, manage and distribute their own standard, ad-hoc and multi-dimensional reports and content, saving time on current report development and maintenance labour.
- Reduces report printing and distribution costs including saving on printers, toner and mailing costs.
- Improves velocity of reporting and visibility, reducing report time from weeks to minutes, such as real-time visibility into the impact of pricing and promotional strategies on corporate profitability or creating compliance reports quickly in order to meet audit demands.
- Uncovers business issues, mistakes or fraud more easily, such as recognizing unusual business purchases or unusual sales bookings.
- Reduces the impact of employee turnover and need for training by unlocking islands of information and analytics in proprietary Excel spreadsheets by standardizing on a BI platform.
- Helps meet financial reporting and regulatory compliance by assuring consistency of information and automating analysis, validation and distribution of reports by policy.